Wednesday, October 17, 2012

SPIRIT: DON'T HATE EMULATE

Don't Hate Emulate!

Haters gonna hate. A common misconception is that a Hater is usually some stranger who is jealous of your accomplishments. On the contrary, the majority of Haters are those closest to you... a coworker, a friend, a sibling, a parent, a spouse, or even your own child. The goal of the Hater is to throw you off your game by putting doubt in your head or even putting obstacles in your way. They project their own fears, insecurities, and limitations onto you. Their worst fears are being left behind and loosing you. But, sometimes it's just plain ENVY - wishing they had something you've got.


How do you keep the Haters at bay?

My number one rule is to keep my deepest hearts desires and dreams, which I know were put in me by God, mostly to myself. I am very blessed to have two sisters that I trust enough to share my true self with... but it wasn't always that way. It took all three of us to hit adulthood before were able to develop a true friendship. Keeping things to yourself minimizes the negative voices from the peanut gallery.

How do you know who to trust with what?

You can quickly learn who to trust by putting just a little bit out there and see how folks react. The Haters will make themselves known very quickly! Watch their body language. Watch out for backhanded comments. Watch for a change in attitude. Listen to that little voice within... it never steers you wrong.

As a wise old queen once said... what other people think of me is none of my business!
---@RuPaul

No comments:

Post a Comment